- God is the creator of everything, even when we can't see it all. When we saw little Addison after birth, the baby was only 3 inches long. But already arms, legs, head, all the parts were there and clearly identifiable. God had been forming this little one, unseen by human eyes.
- God is in control of everything, despite our misplaced efforts to do things our own way. Tommy and I read books, asked questions, did everything we could to protect our baby. But God had other plans and nothing any doctor did would have prevented Addison's heart from stopping.
- God uses the hardest of times to draw us close to Him. The prayers that were said for us, the Bible verses quoted in the hospital, the messages from friends and family. Everything that happened that day pointed us to God and reminded us to draw close to Him and He would draw close to us.
- God knows what is best for us and He will work this together for good in His time. When I see a baby or hear a friend is pregnant, I struggle to see why God took Addison. Then I remember the times we were able to witness to nurses in the hospital. I think of the people who have encouraged me the last week and the joy I've been able to share with them in return. God is already using our child for His glory.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Learning
A week ago today, my husband and I were in the hospital after the birth of our baby, Addison Bennett. I was 15 weeks pregnant when the Dr. couldn't find a heartbeat on the ultrasound. Within 24 hours, I was in a hospital bed, taking medicine to induce contractions. There is nothing easy about losing a baby, in fact it was the hardest day of my life. However, especially in the trials, there are things to learn and ways to grow. A few things I've learned or been reminded of this week:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Angela, I've thought about you often this past week, and am praying for you. My heart goes out to you both, I can't imagine the emotional toil you both are going through.
ReplyDeleteAs I've said before -I'm so encouraged by how you're truly trying to trust the Lord through it all. I'm so thankful that we serve a God who works through the trials in our lives, molding us to be more like Him. What a comfort to know that your little Addison is in the arms of the Lord!
Much love and prayers,
Your Friend,
~Lauren
Still praying for you! I wondered if you had named little Addison. Love you both!
ReplyDeleteAngela,
ReplyDeleteI have lost two at 13-14 weeks. I know what you are going through. I have tears in my eyes remembering holding mine. I am so sorry for your loss and can relate to all the mixed emotions. I looked at the mountains after my last one and through my tears I realized, those mountains there are still beautiful... and in the same way, God is still good and Romans 8:28 is still a valid promise in His book. Thank you for the words of comfort you posted, and know that the pain will always be but it does get easier. You will have joy again. God bless you both!
Angela, just read your post about Addison. Just wanted to let you know that we are still praying for you guys. A day at a time.....
ReplyDeleteAngela,
ReplyDeleteYou are such an inspiration! God promises us that He will never give up on us and you certainly have not given up on Him!
You are a model christian and someone that I look up to for many things, as you know. Thank you so much for reminding us all, that God is in control and to never leave Him, because He has never left us.
Angela, you are such an example of God's grace at work! Thank you for sharing your heart. We think about you all often and are still praying for you. I miss you!
ReplyDeleteAng,so glad you shared these thoughts. I am still praying for you. Keep your eyes on your Heavenly Father...His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways...
ReplyDeletei love you!