Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Project: Linen Closet Organization

My linen closet was overflowing with...linens! And a few other things - soap, toilet paper, tissues, extra baby things - it was getting a little out of hand. But I like buying some things in bulk from Sam's Club and only getting them every three months. After browsing Pinterest, I realized I wasn't using the inside of the closet door. A few measurements later, I was headed to WalMart to see what was available in closet organization door hangers.

A little crowded and unorganized
And I discovered nothing that would work for me. My linen closet door is narrow so everything I saw was too wide to work. But I picked up a shoe pocket rack made to hang from the top of the door, figuring I could make it work somehow.

 
I got it home, unwrapped the package, and sure enough...too wide. But that didn't stop me! I took a closer look at the shoe holder and discovered each pocket was sewn individually. After a few more minutes of thinking, I grabbed some scissors and cut the pocket organizer in half lengthwise.

 
Suddenly, it was a perfect fit for the closet door! And unless you look very carefully, you'd never know I altered it. Check out how great this worked!

I was able to reorganize after this picture and empty a whole shelf of space!


And, lest you think I didn't use the other two pocket widths, I remembered the hall closet downstairs where we keep the pet supplies is the same narrow size. Two closets organized for the price of one!! I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment