Monday, June 3, 2013

Cute as a Button-Baby Shower

Some friends and I hosted a baby shower for another friend recently and it turned out so cute!
Emily (the mother to be) is having her third girl but she is not a pink-loving kind of lady (although her girls are). So Bethany (my co-host) and I decided to have a baby shower with bright rainbow colors (which Emily likes) and the theme: Cute as a Button. I thought I was so original when I came up with that but a quick visit to Pinterest showed me I wasn't the first to have that idea!
The shower was in the morning so we paired our 'button' theme with brunch-type foods and juice. Bethany and I did all the decorations and set up in under two hours. We were flying!!! I think this party turned out super cute and we had such a wonderful time, from planning the party to celebrating this coming little one.




Button flowers! I grabbed some bags of variety buttons at WalMart and made different combinations by threading thin beading wire and twisting it to keep the buttons in place. I stuck the wires into an oasis that I wrapped in tissue paper and put in the vase. I put flat marbles in the bottom of the vase to give it some weight. I made this while watching TV with Tommy. 



From Pinterest: various colors of paper plates, circles of black paper (I have a circle punch that made it easy) taped in the middle, attached to string for a garland. This greeted guests with the button theme as they walked upstairs.



The brunch table. We had muffins, veggie roll ups (for the recipe I used, click here), mixed nuts, yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, and homemade granola, cupcakes. I sprinkled buttons on the table for a little color.






We made another paper plate garland for across the window and a big tissue paper pom-pom for over the table. (sorry the lighting is bad)


I used rainbow M&M's to make the cupcakes look like buttons and tie the color theme in. All the extra M&M's ended up in a bowl on the table.



Our party favor: choose a nail polish! Bethany came up with this idea and I found fun colors to match the rainbow color palette of our party. I had bought the plastic platter for Easter and it worked out great as a serving tray. A few circles stuck with double sided tape and we're done!



Polka dot (button) balloons in every color and smaller tissue pom-poms to frame the dining room entrance. I love the pops of color this makes.


I found button letters at Walmart and threaded the soon-to-arrive little girl's name. This was on the brunch table and then given to Emily.




Yummy yogurt bar! I saw this on Pinterest for a wedding shower but thought it was perfect for any type of get together. Thanks to Keri for making the granola.


What other 'button' type things could we have done? This turned out so cute I might use the theme again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment