Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas at Our House

Over the last week we have pulled out, set up, and put back our Christmas decorations. By put back I mean stack and store all the containers the trees, ornaments, and lights are kept in.
Last year I used blue and silver for something different. This year I went back to red and silver, just because I have so much red and I missed using certain things last year. Little Girl is very excited about all things Christmas. It's the first year that she can really anticipate and understand what's coming. So she was all about helping with the tree ornaments. When she went down for a nap I redistributed many of them...she had them in clusters around the base of the tree.
This year is also special because for the first time since 2009, my family will be at our house for the holidays. And we last celebrated Christmas in person with them in 2011. So everyone is looking forward to the next several weeks. I already have menu plans drawn up and I'm figuring out when I can get some baking in and presents wrapped and presents bought! But in the midst of all the craziness, I love sitting by the tree with its sparkling lights, sipping my hot tea, listening to music and enjoying the season. The little girl has been talking about Jesus and Mary and angels from her Sunday lessons and it's a blessing to hear the story in the sweet, innocent words of a child.

Above the mantle I used the 'wreath' I made for the front door a few years ago.
Those snowflakes were crocheted by a dear lady in our church.



Our dining room. We didn't have space in the living room for the mini tree and the table it's on but I love it here. I used silver, red, and glitter ornaments on the tree. I used my red lanterns again on the table with 'snow' and candles. I sprinkled small jingle bells over the burlap runner and filled a vase with more bells and small ornaments. I'll put a tablecloth down before Christmas dinner.



Front door with ribbons and silver ornaments.


Downstairs fireplace. Very similar to what I did last year. I love the rustic coziness of it.

Burlap wreath with some berries.

1 comment:

  1. I love a house decorated for the holidays! Enjoy making memories!

    ReplyDelete