My mom painted this to match the blanket I mentioned in a previous post. It's the same green as the accent wall and she dabbed lids of different sizes into white, pink and brown paint. It will eventually hang above the dresser or bookcase. Mom is so creative!
This was also Mom's idea but I made it after she returned home. It's a bulletin board for pictures, papers, whatever but it's on a canvas, not corkboard. So I painted it the same green (we had leftover paint) then hot glued pink ribbons to the back and criss-crossed them. I sewed the white buttons on where the ribbons intersected to hold the pictures that will eventually fill the space. This would have taken me just an afternoon but it took some time to find the right ribbon and buttons once I had it painted. It was a fairly simple project. Again, thanks Mom.
I have also been busy making hair barrettes for Baby J. The flowers are a little big, probably, for an infant head but I can attach them to headbands or the diaper bag for a little flair. As you can gather from the color selection, most of her outfits that I have so far are various shades of pink. The other picture is one of my favorite barrettes I've made. I found the butterfly in the flower decor section to put on fake flowers arrangements. But I thought the size was perfect for a hair clip. I covered the clip with a little pink ribbon and glued the butterfly on. I love the way it turned out.
The final happening is loading the bookcase. We might get something else to put the books and toys in but for now the bookcase is being put to use. Some of the books are mine from childhood that Mom brought out on her trip. Others were purchased just for Baby J. The basket of stuffed animals are all the little friends waiting for her. She also has a stack of CDs, mainly Disney but some classical and lullabies as well. The top of the bookcase (not in the picture) has several photo frames and her baby book to be filled out after her arrival.



The memo board turned out so cute!! I think I might want to paint some more of the circles solid color on mine. If you go to Etsy.com and type in baby ribbons, headbands, etc., you'll get lots of examples of hair accessories--some of the bows are even bigger than those big flower!! I love the butterfly barrett. I saw a pkg. of smaller stretchy headbands in Walmart in the baby section that I started to buy, but figured you could also buy them out there. :)
ReplyDeleteThings are coming along nicely! Everything looks great... just about all you need now is... BABY J!!! Can't wait to see her in her room :)
ReplyDelete