Two weeks after my due date our little girl finally arrived safe and sound.There were some initial concerns and a long week in the NICU but God is good and she is at home and growing daily. Which brings me to my lack of writing for August...I'm sure everyone can understand!
Having a baby obviously changes your life and lifestyle but it also changes your perspective. Having someone rely on you for everything and being helpless unless you step up and provide is a daunting feeling. If she can't sleep, I don't sleep. If she wants to eat when I'm hungry, her needs come first. I don't mind those things but it's a humbling experience to realize how selfish we are, even when we aren't trying to be.
It's amazing how much I am willing to give and do for this little person. And of course you sacrifice for your children but shouldn't we always be on the lookout for others that need help? Our generosity shouldn't stop at the threshold of our homes. It should extend to all those we come in contact with.
I'm still catching up on things and finding a schedule with this new little one. But she's already helping me learn lessons I should have recognized before.
No comments:
Post a Comment