Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Delicious Recipe for Summer

This time of year I love using fresh produce and things from my own garden. I don't have much of a garden this year but the tomatoes are bursting off the vine. Which makes it the perfect time for Chicken Pasta Toss. I found the recipe in Kraft Foods magazine years ago and it's become a favorite, especially in late summer when the tomatoes and basil are ready to be picked.

3 c egg noodles, uncooked
1 Tb olive oil
1 lb. chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch pieces
2 c grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 c Sundried Tomato dressing
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c fresh basil, chopped
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
Cook noodles according to package. Meanwhile, heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium-high. Cook chicken under cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, dressing, garlic. Cook until heated. Drain pasta and toss with chicken mixture and basil. Sprinkle with cheese and serve. I like to have a fruit or green salad and garlic bread with this meal. It takes about 20 minutes so it's perfect for a quick and easy dinner while still leaving time to enjoy the summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment