Monday, May 7, 2012

Easy, Delicious, Why Not?

So I made a family favorite for dinner tonight that I had to share. It had been awhile but I came across the recipe in my file and remembered it had been a hit. And it didn't disappoint. The thing I love (besides the deliciousness of it) is that it takes ingredients I usually already have on hand so I can make it anytime I need a fast dinner.

2-3 chicken breasts, cut in cubes
2 1/2 c pasta (I use rotini)
4 oz (half package) cream cheese, cubed
2 c salsa, whatever brand and spiciness you want
1/2 tsp cumin
1 can corn, drained
1/4-1/2 c grated cheddar cheese (optional)

Cook the pasta as usual. Cook the chicken until no longer pink. Add the cream cheese, salsa, cumin, and corn to the chicken. Cook on med-low until the cream cheese is melted and the corn is warm. Drain the cooked pasta and add to the skillet (you need a pretty big skillet for this!). Mix everything together and enjoy! Before serving, you can add some grated cheese to the top, just for extra yumminess. I like to serve it with tortilla chips and fruit. I know it's not the most beautiful looking but it is soooooo good! Try it and I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.

No comments:

Post a Comment