I've been printing off pages and getting everything arranged. So far, I like what I have! Let me walk you through what I did and maybe inspire you to create your own. But first, the finished product!
Okay. Here's what I included and how I laid it out:
I bought plastic dividers with a front pocket. I decided to use my label maker instead of writing on the divider and I gave each month its own divider. With the extras ones, I did "Misc," "Printouts," "School," and "Fun" (I'll explain them later).
Under each month, I put the following sheets:
I printed a calendar, which I filled the month and days in, on one side and a cleaning schedule for the month on the other side. The cleaning schedule breaks down usual tasks (laundry, cleaning, etc) onto different days so everything is getting done without spending one whole day a week catching up on everything. Each Monday is meal planning for the rest of the week. Every other Friday is freezer day. On these days I'll check my freezer and see what I need to restock: meals, cookie dough, etc.
On the calendar, I can write holidays, appointments for our family. I chose to make one with just blocks and days written above and write in the months and dates myself rather than format something new each year. I'm not a genius on computer stuff and this was an easier option for me.
Most binders I saw had a page like this for every day. But my life isn't crazy enough to need that. So I did one for each week instead. There are lines for errands, projects, goals, and a Bible memory verse. On the back of that page I have lines for prayer requests for that week.
Also, not pictured, is a monthly page for our church. My husband is the Associate Pastor at a Bible church and we are involved in many things there. The church page is broken into four headings: "Birthdays," "Projects," "Upcoming Events," and "Notes." All church events are written on my regular monthly calendar but this helps me keep track of what to do at church each month.
Other Dividers:
Misc.: I have a page with home projects I would like to eventually get done and space to write blog ideas. I also have a page to keep track of what I have frozen and the date it needs to be used by.
School: We won't be starting "school" for several years but while I was putting this together I went ahead and gave it a divider. I plan on keeping lesson plans and ideas for field trips, activities here. There's no harm in planning ahead, right?! :)
Printouts: Like I mentioned in my previous post, there are all kinds of websites where you can find checklists for traveling, camping, groceries. This tab is for those. I'll print out a few that I might use and stick them in here so they'll be ready to grab when I need them.
Fun: Any flyers, ideas, or coupons for fun family activities will go here. As Little Girl gets older and can do more things, I want to have plenty of resources to keep her active and learning.
I still have a few things to add but this is the basic plan. What do you think? Are you making your own binder? I would love to hear what you are including!




No comments:
Post a Comment