How many of you have found and made a "new favorite" for your family but now you can't remember where that prizewinner is?
And how many of you have spent frustrating minutes (or more) looking for said recipe?
That was my morning today.
There's nothing like finding a delicious recipe, everyone loving it, then blanking on where it was the next time you feel like throwing it together. If it's a standby that has many variations (lasagna, chicken pot pie, mac and cheese, etc) it can be doubly frustrating to think you've found it, make it, and then realize it wasn't the correct recipe.
I love cookbooks and the resources online. It's wonderful to have the freedom and choices of literally thousands of recipes. BUT what's the use if you can only find the recipe once? So today, it ends! I came up with a super easy way to keep track of what we love and where to find it.
Using Microsoft Excel, I used the "sheet" labels at the bottom to do "Main," "Side," and "Dessert." You could get as specific as you wanted (chicken, beef, crockpot, etc).
On line A1, A2, A3, and A4 I made a heading for "Recipe," "Place," "Date," and "Again." I formatted it in bold with a larger print.
Now when I make a recipe I will type in the name, type the cookbook name and page number (or Pinterest/website), the date we had it, and if I want to make it again. Ta-Da!!!! How easy is that?! I thought about printing this off to keep in my Home Binder but I like having it on the computer where I can easily keep the date current. And I'll still put my checkmarks and notes by the actual recipe (in cookbooks) but this way I don't have to flip through looking for it.
I couldn't get it to show up perfectly but below is a small sample. Imagine this in Excel....
|
|||||||||||
| I this helps you stay more organized in the kitchen and gives you an idea for a system of your own. I'd love to hear your ideas. | |||||||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment