Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Table

A few days ago I looked at the calendar, looked at my dining room table, and noticed I hadn't changed anything from Christmas! Since I did a winter theme it didn't look bad but I decided I needed to do something else. So with Valentine's Day approaching I opted for red with a little silver and brown.

 I found these beautiful red holders at Tai Pan Trading for 0.99 before Christmas. They are a little big for tealights (from WalMart) alone so I filled them halfway with coffee beans I had spray painted silver (Pinterest idea). They still have a great coffee smell but look a little more dressed up. (NOTE: spray painting the beans was easy but took time. You have to constantly shift them and can't get too close or the beans shoot away.)


 I found the heart picks at WalMart for 0.97 for a pack of four. They are perfect to add just a little height to an otherwise low centerpiece. I filled the tall vases with regular coffee beans to help keep the picks in place and to fill the space.

The complete look. I laid out three cloth napkins rather than messing with a tablecloth. Filling a flower vase with coffee beans and adding a candle is one of the easiest, quickest arrangements you can do.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment