This time of year I love glittery, sparkly things (actually, I love that all year but in December I can really pull it out!!). I found some plastic, clear oval ornaments at Michael's for $0.44 on sale and decided to add some homemade touches to our Christmas tree.
At first I tried a Pinterest project with acrylic paint and glitter...didn't go over so well! I didn't even honor it with a picture. So I decided to try just glitter.
The original, unadorned ornament.
Using sliver glitter, I poured a small amount in the ornament. For some reason the glitter stuck to the sides without any glue. I swirled the glitter around and poured the extra back into the glitter jar.
And that's it! I put the top back on the ornament and continued to the next one. So far (a week later) the glitter is still evenly covering the sides.
And there it is!! They look nice with the white, twinkling lights on the tree and were super easy and inexpensive to make. You could use any color glitter, any shape ornament.
Another easy project based on this idea: pour some epsom salt and super-fine white glitter into the ornaments. The epsom salt looks like snow and the glitter adds just the right sparkle. I stacked several of these in a wicket tray with pinecones for the coffee table or you could hang them on the tree.
These are great for kids to help with but keep in mind super-fine glitter is SUPER MESSY!! Be prepared to be sparkly for a few days and to have glitter on everything. But it's really fun. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment