Several days this week have been just beautiful. Highs in the 50s and 60s, lots of sun, and just a gentle breeze. We have been soaking in all we can, knowing it might not last. Snow is on the forecast for Sunday or Monday.
But I love this time of year when you can watch the grass slowly get greener, the little sprouts shoot through the dirt in the flowerbed, and you can hear the birds singing again. With the time change last weekend, the days are getting longer. This morning as I sat on the couch giving Vivienne her morning bottle, I watched the sun slip over the mountains and peek through the clouds. It's hard to not marvel at the beauty God has surrounded us with. Have you ever thought about the fact that God didn't have to make things pleasant to look at? He doesn't have to paint the sky multiple colors every sunset or give us the variety of plants and trees that we enjoy. We should take every moment we can and thank God for His blessings to us, those seen and unseen.
In our children's song time at church, I try to sing, "This is the Day" and "I Will Sing of the Mercies" with the kiddos as often as possible. I think it's important to remember and to be reminded of the fact that we serve a wonderful God who gives us everyday because of His infinite mercy. With Easter Sunday and the blooming of a new year, spring is the perfect time to reflect on and praise God for what He has given us. So get out and praise Him!!
Several days a week a make the 20 minute walk home from work in the late afternoon. Crocus and daffodils (and do the baby daffies have a different name?) delighted my soul as I passed patches of them here and there. God really knows how to make a heart smile!
ReplyDelete