Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Love Michael's!!

Today I went to Michael's craft store to get some little gifts for my Awana Sparkies...and got totally sidetracked!! I went to Michael's because they always have inexpensive, cute games and toys for kids. We were going to give them candy but judging from the amount they received last week, we decided to take a healthier route and go with toys. :)
When I walked up I saw all kinds of fall decorations on sale...up to 80% off. They also had some Christmas fake flowers on sale. I got red and silver poinsettias for 0.59 each and assorted fall flowers for 0.99 each. Regular price was 2.99-3.99 each!


Then I went inside...I found some fun games, slinkies, stickers, and pencils for the kids, all for a dollar each. I decided to peruse the Christmas aisles inside and found glass filler beads, clear with silver glitter, for $1 a bag instead of $4.99 a bag.


In the floral department I found a wall of clearance items, mainly small picks. I got red and silver/white ball picks for 0.77 each instead of $1.29 each.
Finally, I found a little something for myself. It's a notepad with the months and dates on the bottom so you can keep track of things without a traditional calendar. I'm going to try it out as a mousepad at the computer.
Now all those deals with without coupons. The prices on most things were good through this Saturday. So I'm going to practice with what I have for Christmas decorations for around my home and for the church then head back by Saturday if I still need something. And when I went to the checkout, I got a coupon that's good on sale items!! I can't wait to show you the things I put together with today's finds. Yea for saving money and getting good deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment