Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Winter Table

It's the last week of November meaning...Christmas decor goes up at our house! I wait until after Thanksgiving to do anything remotely Christmas or winter. I like to celebrate each holiday in its turn. Let me show you the table centerpiece I put together. I really like it!!

Remember how I talked about my love of lanterns this fall? I still love them! This time I'm using red ones, a little smaller but more detailed. I found some white/silver picks at Michael's for an amazing deal. But I didn't want to just stick them in there. So I found a clever solution.

I spread the leaves on three picks.

Then I positioned them and taped the stems together.


I tied wire-ribbon around the stems and threaded it through the loops in the lantern.

Tied off a small bow on top and done! The picks are hanging.

This is a picture inside the lantern looking up.
The two red lanterns aren't enough for the length of table I have so I was thinking what I could put in the middle. I wanted something different so after looking at what I already had, I came up with this: I don't have any silver trays (amazingly) but I have a pizza pan I never use. I put some epsom salt, for fake snow, some candles, a few sparkle ornaments, and some berries tied with ribbon.


I also put epsom salt and berries in the lanterns. The table runner is from a missionary friend in India. It's a beautiful blue/gray/silver with sequins. This centerpiece is simple and easy to move and rearrange. Since it'll be up for a month or more, I anticipate changing it up a little bit or adding different tablecloths as needed. The real beauty: everything I needed for this I either already had or found on sale. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment