Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tea Tray

Have you ever gotten up in the morning with a sudden idea that you wanted to try? It happens to me all the time. The problem is actually doing it. Either I don't have the materials it takes or my day is already planned and I don't have the time. But last week I was able to do one of my morning thoughts.
This time of year I start drinking a lot of hot tea. I enjoy it year round but there's something about hearing that tea kettle whistle on a cold, snowy morning. So my morning inspiration was to put together a tea tray for the kitchen counter where most of what I needed would be out and available, anytime.


Because of the size of the tray I had on hand and where I put it on the counter, I also included napkins and salt/pepper shakers so they would be easy to grab from the dining table. The white tray was $1 at Tai Pan Trading and gives me a place to put tea bags, spoons, etc. without getting the wooden tray dirty. I have sugar and honey at the ready, whichever I might prefer. The silver ball is a tea infuser for my loose tea leaves.
Now all I have to do is grab a mug, choose my tea, and sit down. It's the little things that often simplify life the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment