The days are ticking down until Christmas. Do you still need an easy sweet snack for a party, neighbor gift...or maybe yourself? I'm sure you've had or heard of Peppermint Bark. It's a tradition at my house. Here's how we do it.
The ingredients. Pretty basic. I had bought a huge box of candycanes for something else and it was simple to unwrap them, put them in a gallon bag, and crush away. I like keeping some of the pieces larger.
You can melt the Almond Bark in the microwave but I decided to use the stovetop. Keep the heat on medium low and stir occasionally until the Almond Bark is melted and smooth. While this was on the stove, I melted 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave.
The delicious, crushed peppermint. I had to really pound some of the pieces but it paid off!
Mix the Almond Bark and the peppermint crumbs. As soon as it's mixed pour it onto a greased cookie sheet. Some people use parchment paper but I've found the Almond Bark can stick to the paper.
Use a wooden spoon to "smooth" out the Almond Bark into a thin layer. Then, with a fork, fling the melted chocolate all over the peppermint bark. You can take the fork and swirl the chocolate into the Almond Bark or just leave it. Let the Peppermint Bark harden. Then just break it into whatever size pieces you want.
Bag some for yourself and some for others. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment